Supporting Prostate Cancer UK
15-08-2022 - 30-09-2022
We’re very proud to announce D&D London will be partnering with Prostate Cancer UK in August and September, fundraising in all our venues by adding a voluntary £1 donation to every customers’ bill. The donations from D&D London and customers will mean they can continue vital work and provide support to the 47,000 men who are diagnosed with prostate cancer each year.
Prostate Cancer UK is the UK’s leading men’s health charity. They’re investing millions in research each year and making some incredible breakthroughs, like using MRI scans to diagnose prostate cancer. It’s been described as the biggest leap forward in prostate cancer diagnosis for decades.
Prostate cancer is the most frequently diagnosed cancer in the UK with over 47,000 men diagnosed each year. In the UK, about 1 in 8 men will get prostate cancer at some point in their lives. There has been a legacy of neglect in funding prostate cancer research with no screening programme or accurate diagnostic test and there aren’t enough clinical nurse specialists available to help the 400,000 men living with prostate cancer in the UK.
Prostate Cancer UK has a simple ambition – to save and improve the lives of men with prostate cancer.
The organisation is dedicated to:
- Investing into finding better treatments and tests that could save thousands of lives.
- Working with the NHS to make sure men get access to breakthrough tests and treatments.
- Spreading the word about who is at risk of prostate cancer, especially to those at higher risk.
- Supporting people dealing with prostate cancer and providing health information.
- Visit prostatecanceruk.org now to help beat this disease.